SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

What's Up Wednesday- November edition



What We're Eating This Week...

I've made Shepherd's Pie and quiche so far. Spaghetti or lasagna will be on the menu sometime this week too. Henry's dream menu week (and a messy one for mama and daddy but oh well..)!
Need to start planning out some sides for Thanksgiving. Here are a few I found that look good.
Maple-Glazed Carrots | MyRecipes.com
Maple Glazed Carrots

These SKILLET BOURBON BACON GREEN BEANS add some spice, flair, and beauty to any holiday table! The ultimate Thanksgiving side dish SO full of flavor, you'll be blown away!
I'm personally not a sweet potato fan but Henry and my parents love them. This might be a great side for them. 

Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow & Pecan Streusel

What I'm Reminiscing About...

Last Thanksgiving when I was a month away from having Henry. That was such a sweet time. I can't believe that I have an almost 11 month old kiddo and another on the way!!! Isn't it funny how you can't even imagine the plans that God will have for you life? Surprises are truly the best. 



What I'm Loving....

These darn Christmas tree cookies. So bad for you but Josh and I love them. Something about them just brings back childhood memories! When you have a sweet tooth craving..this just hits the spot. 

I'm also loving my new planner for 2018 from Project 365 and the Happy Planner company. It's a bit cheaper than Erin Condren but just as nice. If you click the link, it's available for $11.99 right now! That's crazy cheap! There are tons of different styles and colors as well. I choose the Classic Happy planner but the mini would probably fit perfectly in a purse! 

2017-2018 CLASSIC Happy Planner® - Everyday Essentials

2017-2018 CLASSIC Happy Planner® - Everyday Essentials


What We've Been Up To....

Well, I haven't blogged about this yet but two weeks ago we had our 18 week ultrasound and the baby is a BOY! Henry is getting a brother. Which honestly, even though I was a teensy bit disappointed it wasn't a girl I think a brother 15 months apart is the best. Same toys, same kind of clothes..it really couldn't be easier. I think they will be best buddies. This baby already has a name and it's a secret but the letter is G. Ha. Guess away. 




What I'm Dreading...
I know it's still a month away but Henry's 1 yr shots. Hear those are the worst. Ugh. Of course...right during the holidays too. Go figure.


What I'm Working On....

Planning Henry's 1st birthday! It's going to be small and squeezed in the busiest Christmas yet (family in town, a wedding a week later...etc.) but I still want to celebrate our sweet boy! I chose a Milk and Cookies theme. Pinterest is the best and worst. So many cute ideas...so little time. 
(all pics from my Pinterest board)
simple little milk & cookie themed smash cake - perfect for a first birthday

Milk and Cookies Happy Birthday Banner by PaperPartyParade on Etsy, $25.00

Milk and Cookies "one" First Birthday Banner Cake Smash High Chair Crate Bucket Party Burlap Felt by LittleMaisie on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/216644002/milk-and-cookies-one-first-birthday


What I'm Excited About...

So many things to be excited about. Thanksgiving, Baby's 1st Birthday, Christmas, my sister's wedding- can't choose which excites me the most! If I look like a train wreck the first week of January, you know why. Ha. 

What I'm Watching/Reading/Listening To.....

Lots of Christmas music! Tis the season. Fun fact about me- favorite Christmas song is "O Come All Ye Faithful". The words and melody are just so precious and true. I like every single version I've ever heard of that song.  Reading...psssfffhhh. Don't have time and I miss it so much. But even when I go to bed at 8:30 with the goal to read an hour, I don't make it 15 minutes before I'm asleep. Just the season I'm in I guess. 

Instant Digital Printable  Oh Come All Ye Faithful

I have been watching an episode here and there of The Good Place. It stars Kristen Bell and Ted Dansen. It's cute and little corny and just the right amount of funny. It's on Netflix in case you're wondering. 



What I'm Wearing...

Lots of swing dresses, scarves and Lularoe leggings. They stretch so nice over a bump! I'm on the hunt for a pretty dress to wear for holidays and my sister's rehearsal dinner which is pretty fancy. Any suggestions? I'm eyeing these from Pink Blush Maternity. Leaning towards the navy lace one.

Navy Floral Wrap DressNavy Blue Lace Neck Long Sleeve Maxi Dress

Gold Glam Fitted Mini Dress

What I'm Doing This Weekend...

Saturday I have a women's choir practice at church and then it's time to start decorating my house for Christmas! We already put up one little tiny tree upstairs and Henry was enthralled. I love watching the awe of Christmas on a little one's face! Yes, I'm a bit terrified of the big tree and if he will leave it alone. We will find out I guess. Ha!



Gotta end with some cute Henry pics.



I hope you all have a great week! I can't believe November is almost over!

Post a Comment