SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

What's Up Wednesday



What We're Eating This Week

Yummy quiche (I went ahead and made two- one for now and one to freeze.) 
Spaghetti with meatballs and salad
Sirloin steaks with cauliflower gratin and green beans (Home Chef meal)


Henry has been eating my homemade baby food! Peas, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, blueberry and spinach are just a few kinds I've made. It's so easy and I feel good knowing that it's all natural! 





What I'm Reminiscing About....

Back in the day when I had time to garden. Or decorate my house. *sigh*. But of course I wouldn't trade my time with Henry for either of those things! Someday I'll get to them again. I'm lucky to have clean laundry and food on the table right now! Ha!





What I'm Loving.....
Henry kisses! He's started to respond to us asking for a kiss. He gave Josh the juiciest and longest smooch the other day. It was adorable. Melt my heart! 



What We've Been Up To...

We had a really fun Memorial Day weekend! We took Henry out and about all weekend. We had dinner on Friday at one of our favorite restaurants in Belmont- The String Bean! While it was pretty warm, we did enjoy sitting on the patio. 





On Sunday we went to 26 Acres Brewing Company in Concord. We honestly went there stalking our favorite food truck- The Carolina Smash Truck! They make the best grilled cheese sandwiches. We ran into some friends from school who followed the truck as well. Too funny! We enjoyed a couple hours of hanging out together and playing corn hole. I'm no good...sorry to Josh when we were team mates! 


What I'm Dreading....
Not really dreading too much. I don't always love the end of year paperwork that all needs to be filled out and filed but that's the life of a teacher. 

What I'm Working On.....
Honestly not working on any projects currently. Life with a baby is just day by day. I'd love to start getting out some patriotic decorations for summer or sew a little. We'll see. 

What I'm Excited About...

Henry has his 6 month pictures next weekend with Shanti. I can't wait to see how cute they will turn out. He is such a fun age right now and I hope he smiles and shows his sweet personality for the camera. We are working hard on sitting up independently so we can get some cute pictures of him sitting unassisted! 



What I'm Watching/Reading About...
Reading is not something I've had much time for lately. Sad. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to squeeze in a few more moments of reading. These are some of the ones I've been itching to read. Both books are being made into movies. 

Image result for wonder

Image result for the zookeeper's wife

On Netflix I've finished up the Anne with an E series and I started on the new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  And of course..once I'm home again I will start my morning ritual of watching the Today Show. I've missed it! 

Image result for anne with an e      Image result for unbreakable kimmy schmidt

What I'm Listening To....
Pandora channels for kids. Laurie Berkner band and Praise Baby are my two favorites. Henry was also gifted this sweet cd and it's on repeat in our car. I love that the songs are all based on scripture...love that he can learn God's words through song! Thank you Jennie!

Image result for hidden in my heart cd

What I'm Wearing.....
Loving my usual warm weather dress code of sundresses but it doesn't make nursing very convenient. I hate to buy a bunch of nursing dresses..not always the cutest styles. So lately unless I'm going to be home or can nurse in the car, I've been wearing shorts/skirts and cute tops.
Here's some of the cute tops I've gotten lately. (All from Loft)
Primary Image of Embroidered Vintage Soft Swing Tee  Primary Image of Crochet Yoke Top
Image result for loft striped tulip sleeve tee


What I'm Doing this Weekend.....
Another busy weekend coming up! Josh is out of town officiating his very first wedding! Eek! He's so excited. I know it'll go great! While he's gone, Henry and I are going with my sister Danielle to look at bridesmaids dresses. Did I mention she's engaged?!?! Ahh! The wedding is at the end of December so it's go time with getting the big details nailed down. She found her dress so we are all good on that front. Whew!
(Danielle and her fiance, Blake with Henry)

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month....
SUMMER!! Spending my days with Henry! I cannot wait!


Post a Comment