SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 7, 2020

A day in the life

This is a top requested post which makes me giggle but I will comply. I guess people are curious to see what a day with 5 kids looks like. It is probably going to be a lot less thrilling then you think but here it goes! This was from a week ago because it takes me forever to find the time to finish a post!


The girls have been waking anywhere 5-7 am most mornings.  We both go and feed together, a sort of assembly line. Josh gets them out and changes diapers while I feed. Usually one is done by the time the third is ready, and then he takes them from me, burps and puts back to bed. Today it was 5:00, so after we were done feeding Josh went back to bed and I got up and started my day. Something about having coffee in peace is so nice. I started my young living oils for the day- I've been favoring Stress Away but today I went for this combo! So refreshing and clean smelling. 



Yup, those are Eggo waffles. Not the healthiest breakfast. I do eat a yogurt later in the morning. I love to catch a few minutes of the Today show but those mornings are rare. Most days it looks a lot like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (insert eye roll). 


First pump of the day....and I hear the boys moving around upstairs. Josh gets them breakfast and lets them eat it upstairs on their "picnic" blanket. 


Today I felt like getting ready before the girls woke up. Some days that happens, other days it's 4:00 and I'm just brushing my teeth! Ha! 



Well..that didn't last long. Took a little detour in my routine to get these gals up, fed and dressed. They liked to watch mommy finish getting ready. 


These two will drive you nuts if you don't get out of the house by 9 am. Today they requested the pool, so off we went. We were the only ones there. It's typically empty til the afternoon. Daddy stayed home with the girls and worked while they napped again. I try my hardest to make sure at this time of day they do a physical activity to burn of energy and guarantee a good nap! 



We stayed til about 10:00 and then headed back to rinse off and help Daddy feed the girls. 


After feeding the girls, they play on their play mats or go in their swings or bumbos. I usually start lunch at that time. Graham is my eater. If I'm in the kitchen getting ready to prepare a meal, he's right there. I didn't get a picture of our lunch but it was PB&J for Henry and turkey/cheese/crackers for Graham. They usually have some fresh fruit and maybe some cucumbers or tomatoes with their lunch. 

After lunch we put the boys down for their afternoon nap. Henry usually sleeps from 12:30-2pm and Graham usually sleeps 45 minutes longer. They share a room so sometimes one wakes the other up. I just love watching them on the monitor..they sleep in funny positions. 


As soon as the boys are down, it's time for the 3rd feeding of the day! 

It does feel like we are on a perpetual feeding schedule! Ha! Life with triplets I guess. They are usually awake for an hour after eating, so I lay them down and practice rolling over, sitting up and shaking rattles and toys with them. It's also a good time for a photo shoot. Sorry, I do a lot of those. 
How can you resist that cuteness? 
(l-r: A, K and C)



While they play sometimes I fold laundry or pick up our playroom. We do about 3 loads a day. Also, I pick up that darn playroom about 3 times a day too! Ha! Why do I bother?


When the boys woke up we fed the girls again and headed to my parents for dinner. A few times a week we eat dinner together at our house or theirs. I'm so thankful to have my parents, they help us out so much. Our life is crazy but they just embrace the chaos and are such wonderful grandparents to our kiddos. I can't imagine how Josh and I would do this alone without them! Packing up the kids to go anywhere is quite the process. It takes about 30 minutes. Seriously. If I'm super on the ball, I will have the car packed up with all the necessary items before we leave. 


We eat dinner (probably with three babies fussing in the background) and then pack up everyone to head home for bath and bed. I didn't take any pictures from this time of day- it's too busy! Josh bathes the boys and I bathe the girls at the same time. Again, we bathe the girls in an assembly line fashion. My kids get baths every night- it's just part of our nighttime routines. 
By this time it's 7:00pm, the girls are being fed and the boys are watching a show on tv. Once they are done, we put them in their sleep sacks, pray with them and put them in their beds. Then it's the boys turn. Henry usually tried some sort of stalling tactic. Typical three year old. We read three books, pray and say a blessing over them and then leave the room. 


All children are in their beds and asleep! Hallelujah. Now I get to load the dishwasher, wash bottles and head up to shower and go to bed myself. I feel the best when I go to bed before 10pm. So most nights I make that my goal. Since there are no moments to nap during the day, I usually crash in bed or on the couch. 

That's a little peek into what our days look like. Every day is pretty much a mirror of the last. If things were open (kids museums, parks, etc.) we would try to get out of the house more and it'd be less monotonous but for now, staying home is what we do. 

If you have any questions or even suggestions of what you'd like to see me blog about, leave a comment! I do have a post coming up about must haves for triplets. 










Post a Comment