SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 25, 2015

Five for Friday


This has been one very busy week! 

1. Josh and I were blessed to watch two of the sweetest kiddos for a few days. Ava and Andrew are both former students of mine. We had so much fun with them. Josh and I got a glimpse of parenthood with school aged kids...it's no joke! Hats of to parents. By the time you get home from school, make dinner, do homework, shower, get ready for bed...goodness gracious! There are not enough hours in the day! I totally get the saying, "The days are long but the years are short". Cherish those little sweethearts as long as you can! 






2. This week our class wrapped up our Apple unit. We have a sweet local gentleman that always volunteers to come and speak to the kids as Johnny Appleseed. He literally comes with his pot on this head and great stories to tell! The kids LOVE him. He and his sweet wife always bring the kids their own apple too. 



For fun Friday, one of my sweet friends from church came to bake mini apple pies with my students! Gabriele was so sweet and put so much time and effort into helping us bake. The kids were so proud of their pies! Our classroom, kitchen and hallways smelled so good all day long! 


3. I'm so pumped for the fall weather...even if it has been a little dreary and rainy! I got out my boots for the first time today. Felt so good to wear them! I've got some cute items at Loft for fall, can't wait to style them for school and weekend wear! The boyfriend cardigan is a staple that I own in about 4 colors! I love the length and the weight of this cardigan and I always get lots of compliments when I wear it!



4. I love when I get a moment to look through old pictures! When I was at my parents house the other night, I just browsed through some albums. Here are some of my favorites!

Look at these sweet sisters! Danielle and I- 1986

Look how stylish my mom and dad were! I love Danielle's expression! 

My mom and Aunt Bonnie! 

Always loved reading! My Uncle Mark was such a stud! Ha! 

Love the Buddha belly! 

5. IVF update
So to make a long story short...we are finally at the end of  our IVF journey. After a few setbacks, we are back on track! Currently taking two different estrogen meds (I'm tired all the time...) and getting ready to start Progesterone. Many early morning doctor appointments for ultrasounds and blood work have been my life. I have an appointment next week which will check my uterine lining to see if it's nice and thick! Hoping and praying it is! If it all looks good, they will finally give me a DATE for our FET (frozen embryo transfer). It's looking to be sometime the second week of October. I'm asking for continued prayers as we come to the final part of this journey! I'm feeling a myriad of emotions- excitement, nervousness, hopefulness, despair...you name it, I've been feeling it! I actually try not to think about it to much because I get so nervous. Nervous that it won't work or that I'll have complications.  So, I've just been praying about it and leaving it with God. I know that he wants us to grow and learn from this experience. So thankful he has a plan for my life.

 My life today:




Post a Comment