SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The end of an era (for now)

It so hard to write this post but I have so many emotions to process, I probably need a good cry. A lot of people have asked if I plan to return to teaching in the fall and the answer is no. At least not at this point. I've decided to take a year and than see where we are as a family. My job is going to be full time mom of five for a while. With at peace with that decision as I am, I also feel lots of sadness too. I've taught for 13 years, at the same school, with the same wonderful group of people. It's a family, a safe place- my second home. 

Packing up my classroom and throwing things away/donating (I needed to purge anyhow, ha!) gave me a little panic attack because it feels like it's literally a part of my life disappearing. I didn't think it would feel as hard as it does. I think to myself, will I still see these wonderful friends- I will miss talking to adults! A little part wonders if I will be missed...I know that life goes on and people change jobs all the time. I think it's just a human question to wonder if you mattered or made a difference. 

I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for the 13 years I had working at the most wonderful school with the most wonderful people! The children that I've been priveledged to teach have impacted my life in so many ways. I love each and every one of them. Wish I could share all their pictures because they are all so important, special and cherished! My coworkers are some of my best friends- I have the most amazing supportive friends there! From the welcoming faces you meet when you walk into the office, to our wonderful leadership, to our wonderful custodial and cafeteria staff- you just can't beat our amazing school. 

I'm thankful that I was able to have the title of teacher. There was no better job in the world for me (except a mama of course)!

To my wonderful school family- thank you for loving me and supporting me in all things! Many of life's moments were made easier because I had such a wonderful, faithful group of coworkers and friends. Thank you to the many families that have shared their children with me over the years. I've been so blessed by each of you. I will always smile when I think of you. 





























Post a Comment